Mar Gregorios Memorial Senior Secondary School established in 1965 by the members of the M.G.O Cathedral is the premier co-educational private school of Bhilai. The school is founded in the name of the canonized saint of the Indian Orthodox Church, late Mar Gregorios of Parumala, who pioneered the cause of education. The School satisfies the need of all the people in and around Bhilai Township to educate their children with its secular approach.
The school is affiliated to the C.B.S.E, New Delhi. M.G.M.is truly a home away from home. The staffs here are the parents of the students in the campus.
The aims of the school are:
- To impart knowledge which will remove all darkness in and around:
TAMASO MA JYOTIR GAMAYA.
- To develop good positive response to the demands and the challenges of the modern society.
- To create a positive response to the demands and the challenges of the modern society.
- To build a healthy body which can awaken the mind and soul equally.
COURSES OF STUDY
The school prepares students for all India Secondary School Examination(Class-X) and the All India Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination(Class-XII) conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education. The school has classes from Nursery to XII.
The medium of instruction is English. But Hindi is taught from K.G. class as a compulsory language. The subjects taught in the normal curriculum are English, Hindi, Sanskrit, Mathe- matics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Civics, Geography, Computer Science, General Science & Information Technology etc. in Primary, middle and secondary classes. Environment Science, General knowledge &Moral instruction classes, Drawing, Music, Dance & Craft are also conducted regularly.
In Senior Secondary Classes we offer the following combinations:
- Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Engineering Drawing.
- Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology.
- Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science.
- Maths, Physics, Chemistry, I.P.
- Biology, Physics, Chemistry, I.P.
- Business Studies, Accountancy, Economics, Maths.
- Business Studies, Accountancy, Economics, I.P.